As you may know, one of my goals for the year is to have one day a week that I have to myself. Oh, I plan on Netflixing and chilling all by myself (sometimes with my boyfriend). What’s better than a hot chocolate, a blankie and a good show? Maybe pizza. Anyway here is my list of favourites right now:
- The Crown. I really respect Queen Elizabeth. I don’t know, she just has this air about her. But after watching this show, I somehow feel like I respect her more. Though it may be fictional based on factual things that happened, it’s nice to get to see the going ons in side of that large palace. Plus, I learn historical things.
- I’ve watched this whole series, I think 4 times already. And I’d do it again! Just fun and easy watching, you know?
- New Girl. So happy this joined the Netflix Canada family. I’m starting from the beginning and watching the whole series. I left if behind when I also left television cable behind about 4 seasons ago.
- Grace and Frankie. It’s coming back soon and I’m so excited. The dynamic duo is just so funny.
- Schitt’s Creek. It’s odd. It’s dramatic. It leaves me rolling on the floor.
- The Mindy Project. I’m waiting for the last season to get to Netflix Canada and I can’t wait. Sad that it’ll all be over, I can’t wait to see what really ends up with Mindy and her baby and her relationships and her work and… Morgan.
- The Good Place. The whole idea of this show is great. It’s smart and it’s fast. I don’t want to spoil anything, but the ending of season 1 really kept me wanting more.
- Master of None. No idea when this is coming back on … Sad that it’s not back yet.
A few honourable mentions:
- Fuller House. I usually have this on the background while I’m cleaning or something. It’s sort of nice to see everyone back at it again.
- I find this show sometimes overly dramatic. Crazier and then crazier things happen.
- I can watch this with my boyfriend once in a while but it’s a bit too dark for me. Makes me feel so awkward.
- Orange is the New Black. After season one, I’m not sure what to do with this show… but I still want to know what’s going to happen.
As you can tell, there are a lot of comedies that are listed in my favourites. Literally one drama. Yeah, I don’t like dark and mysterious shows or even shows that are about heartbreak. When I get back from work, I just want to feel happy and easy.
Hope you enjoy some of these too.