Happy New Year, everyone! I apologize for being away for a while, but I was bombarded with Christmas gatherings and wanted some time to relax. What’s everyone have planning for 2018? It’s so important to give yourself a few goals for the year. Yes, goals are resolutions, but I don’t like calling them that because I always feel like I break resolutions (it’s just a mental track record type of thing…). Let me talk about my goals.
Sticking to a sleep schedule
As I get older, I find that I’m not sleeping as long and not sleeping as well. I’m often tired, especially when I don’t exercise. In the last two months, I truly became burnt out because I was sleeping at 2 am and then waking up at 7 am (my body tells me to wake up at that time). Now that the work week is all back in full play, I have to make sure I sleep on time and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Besides, who wants to look tired and …. Old.
Connecting with mindfulness again
I fell off the meditation train. A part of it is that life got busy. The other part is that it’s always so dark in the morning. Normally, I get up, meditate for 15 minutes and then head into the shower to start my day. It’s freaking dark still at 6am in the morning! I can barely get out of bed. Though it’s been already a week and a half, I’m already struggling with this.
Giving myself a day for myself only
Last year, I found myself saying that going to the gym would be my night off in doing other stuff. When I noticed I was still burning out, I knew something had to change still. This year, I hope to take one night, literally just to vege at home. This will be hard because everyone that knows me, knows that I pack my schedules.
Stop complaining about work and get on it
Work…I’m going to say has been quite frustrating lately. I definitely don’t enjoy it as much as I was when I graduated from university. I just need to get positive and work harder so that I can be the best I can before maybe moving on.
Treat my body better
There are a ton of things that go under this overall goal.
- Treat my skin better. I should find some good products that I can stick to using that actually help me. Also putting on a lot more sunscreen during the summer.
- Work out more. Not to necessarily to slim down, but to retain strength and stability. Plus, this will help my mental status as well.
- Stretch more. I miss yoga because of this. After I work out? I hate stretching. I feel like it’s such a waste of time. But I need it because I almost constantly feel soreness in my body. Which brings us to …
- Go to more massages. I just hold tension all over my body and it kills me.
- Know what I’m putting in my body. Trying to get all the preserved food that I eat and potentially lower the amount of junk food and sweets I eat.
- Better posture. This something that is so hard to kick because your body is the habit. But I have to be more aware. This is part of why my body is sore.
Well, there you have it. Those are my goals for the year. I do have a few that I have to work harder, but they’re coming along. What about you? What are your goals for this year? Remember, be persistent and don’t give up just because you forgot to do something once. You just start all over again.
To a great 2018.